By BRIAN AGUILAR
Style: Contemporary, Industrial
Difficulty: MEDIUM-HARD (Grade 4)
Drill: $495 (by JUSTIN MILLER)
ABOUT THE PIECE:
ˈstēlˌwərks: A steelworks is a plant where steel is made; a foundry. This indoor percussion show is loaded with metallic sound effects as the ensemble portrays a day at the factory, or maybe even portrays the metal itself. This show is a bit more challenging for the battery (grade 4) than the front ensemble (grade 3+). The show is presented in 5 movements:
- Steelworks: is a factory where steel is manufactured
- The Blast Furnace: is a type of metallurgical furnace used for smelting to produce industrial metals, generally iron, but also others such as lead or copper.
- Molten Iron: is a liquid form of hot, melted iron.
- Alloy: is a metal made by combining two or more metallic elements, especially to give greater strength or resistance to corrosion.
- Cast Iron: is iron or a ferrous alloy which has been heated until it liquifies, and is then poured into a mould to solidify; firm and unchangeable.
Steelworks was commissioned by Mr. Jeffrey Edom for the Laguna Creek High School (Elk Grove, CA) Indoor Drum Line’s Winter 2015 season.
BASS DRUMS (5)